2 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Under direct supervision, responsible for the receipt and shipment of incoming and outgoing materials, supplies, and products. Receives goods, verifies items against the record of shipment and inspects condition. Gathers verifies and packs items for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used. Records received and shipped items according to established procedures. Typically requires a high school education or equivalent and with little or no experience. Reports directly to a Shipping/Receiving Manager. This is an entry-level position, in training or trained in limited areas.
* Unpacks and sorts packages for efficient receipt in a way that meets the business needs in a manner that ensure compliance with UTC Policies, Procedures, and Ethics requirements
* Receives in packages through data entry process and troubleshoots errors
* Maintains documents as required by business, customer or regulatory body
* Maintains a neat and safe workplace by using 5S tools
* Adheres to safe and special handling requirements of products as designated on MSDS sheets
* Packages goods to ensure safe and undamaged arrival at destination
* Records shipment through the supplier portal
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH & S
* Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the UTC and Cargo Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* No experience necessary
* SAP knowledge a plus
* Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* High school diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.