about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10948
Location: US - Tennessee - Oak Ridge
Functional Area: Operations
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Technical Degree
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 40
Travel Percentage: 0
Prepares all documentation required for the shipment of goods, both domestic and international. Responsible for transactions, and Inventory control on all incoming, and outgoing material. Insures all documentation is prepared in accordance with company policy. Performing the duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Invoices all sales orders for the Oak Ridge site and when necessary transmits completed documents to the customer.
2. Package, and execute all shipment requests for shipment.
3. Prepares all documents and routes all orders for consolidated shipments to affiliate locations as schedules, and customers dictate.
• Chamber of Commerce Certified Certificates of Origin
• DOT, 49CFR and IMDG Dangerous Goods compliance
• International Air Transport Dangerous Goods compliance
• International Air Transport Radioactive Material compliance
• Export documentation
4. Coordinates carrier pick-ups with the appropriate carriers. Including Drop Shipments from offsite locations.
5. Wraps products destined for electronic finished goods.
6. Maintains all supplies for the traffic department.
7. Respond to inquiries from domestic, and international carriers regarding shipment status, or
8. Ensure shipments meet the AMETEK requirements for revenue recognition, and report, and work to remove any delays with deliveries.
9. Maintain the Postage-on Call account with the United States Postal Service.
10. Manage the AES Direct account, Requires completion of online testing from Customs, and Border protection.
11. Responsible for all incoming Receipts of material, and the logistics of getting that material into the correct locations, and/or to the designated person.
12. Responsible to distribution of all incoming, and outgoing mail.
13. Will act as Backup for any department team member that cannot complete their assigned duties.
14. Write procedures, and train team members to ensure all facets of the job have Backup personnel in place to perform all the critical duties framed within this job.
15. Responsible for the all inventory stored within the Finished Goods, and Shipping Dock areas.
A small team of Material Handlers, one or two direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree from college or technical school, and 18 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Fork Lift Licenses
Some others are required, these will need to be obtained once in the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use fingers or hands to manipulate objects; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Movement of items more than 50 pounds will be required, but the availability, and use of specific tools to aid in the movement would be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to use Forklifts, and pallet jacks, both manual, and powered, along with standard hand tools, both manual, and powered.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Use of online tools, and software to prepare Shipping documents
Standard office machines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.