about 1 year ago
Avant Aerospace, based in Grapevine, Texas, is one of the world’s leading providers of spare parts, equipment, tooling, and service solutions for Business and General Aviation, specializing in the Falcon Jet series manufactured by Dassault. The team members of Avant are excited about the future, and this is a terrific opportunity to join a growing organization.
Under the direction of the Materials Manager, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for all aspects of Warehousing, Inventory Count, Packaging, Shipping, and Receiving. This will include the support of the activities of profitably and effectively selling of aircraft spares and equipment to Customers. The incumbent is also responsible for following up on orders with outside vendors for materials required by Customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
* Perform daily Warehouse activities (SHIPPING, RECEIVING, PACKAGING,INVENTORY COUNTING, etc) for Avant Aerospace to ensure accurate and timely completion of all job responsibilities
* Maintain HAZMAT Certification
* Perform follow up duties to expedite cores from Customers and Repairs/Purchase Orders from Vendors
* Drive company truck for local pickup and deliveries
* Keep other Company personnel informed of the status of priorities, plans and programs in process through regular and indirect communication
* Assure proper and timely administration of all processes to include Shipments, Receipts, Sales orders, Purchase Orders, Credits, Expense reports, Etc.
* Remain knowledgeable of the various Federal regulations governing the control and certification necessary to material purchased and/or sold by Avant Aerospace.
* Contribute to an environment in which all Company personnel are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and Company contributions to achieve desired business results
* Other duties may be assigned by management in order to meet company objectives on an as needed basis.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School Diploma
* Minimum 3 years Warehousing Experience or Shipping and Receiving
* Clean driving record
* Detail Oriented with strong Work Ethic
* Entry Level proficiency in the use of MS OFFICE products, to include EXCEL and WORD
* Fluent with English language
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers in a professional manner
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with FAA Regulations as it applies to the procurement and sale of aviation parts and equipment
* Experience with Aviation inventory control and related computer systems a plus.
* Working knowledge of Component Control’s Quantum Inventory management system
* HAZMAT Materials Handling and Shipping Certification
* Warehouse environment
* Daily Working Hours; After Hours AOG Service
* Use of personal computers required
* Ability to lift minimum 75 pounds
* Use/operation of Forklift and Warehouse Handling Equipment
* Off Site travel for Local Deliveries