6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
* Performs all the transfer functions both inbound and outbound including components, consumables, wheels, and brakes.
* Shipping and receiving on dock.
* Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes.
* Creation of timely and accurate Bill of Ladings (BOLs).
* Import / Export shipments.
* Complies with company safety policies, standards, and procedures.
* Carries out projects for the Logistics Function or as directed by Supervisor.
* Customer Service: support all customer needs and inquires.
* Customer support/quotes/CDRs /scrap.
* Responsible for processing shipping and receiving in SAP.
* Responsible for the receipt and internal stockroom procedures of all parts necessary for the successful operation of the stores function.
* Maintains appropriate movement and storage of inventory using relevant equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks (inventory management/ STOs).
* Creates purchase orders for designated consumable items, forwarding to appropriate personnel for authorization.
* Direct contact with vendors to order consumable items.
* Ensures all material, shipped and received, has proper certification to verify the item's authenticity and maintain traceability.
* Perform cycle counts per established procedures.
* Accounts payable.
* Outside machine repair SAP transactions.
* Complies with and updates Shelf-life Register.
* Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
* Works in a repair and overhaul shop environment.
* May be exposed to extremes in temperature, hazardous materials, and strenuous physical labor.
* 6 months prior shipping/receiving experience.
* Capable of performing basic mathematical calculations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Proficient and accurate data entry.
* Requires the ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Ability to work as a team member
* Aerospace industry experience.
* SAP experience.
* Prior customer service experience.
* Prior forklift experience.
* Inventory control experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.