2 months ago
Shipboard Systems Engineer
Req #: 218955
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is seeking a Shipboard Systems Engineer in Washington D.C. As a Shipboard Systems Engineer, you will perform Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) engineering, design, and technical analysis for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Sustainment Program. LCS is a fast, agile, mission-focused platform designed for operation in near-shore environments yet capable of open-ocean operation. It is designed to defeat asymmetric "anti-access" threats such as mines, quiet diesel submarines and fast surface craft.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Work supporting the Navy’s Littoral Combat Ship Program. LCS is a fast, agile, mission-focused- platform designed for operation in near-shore environments yet capable of open-ocean operation. It is designed to defeat asymmetric "anti-access" threats such as mines, quiet diesel submarines and fast surface craft.
* Perform Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) engineering, design, and technical analysis for the Littoral Combat Ship Sustainment Program.
* Assist with the review of design drawings, ship specifications and engineering change proposals
* Review items for technical accuracy, assisting with the developing technical solutions to hull unique and class issues.
* Perform technical assessments, evaluating, and advising the government on equipment/system issues and solutions.
* Assist with the planning and management of the LCS modernization program.
* Contribute your technical acumen in Failure Review Boards, Availability Planning Conferences, Configuration Control Boards, Risk Boards, and Safety Working Groups.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture; Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Nuclear, Marine or Aerospace Engineering.
* Minimum of 5-7 Years of experience with the U.S. Navy or DoD Acquisition Programs.
* Experience with MS Office Suite.
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience as a U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) or Merchant Marine Officer
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.