3 months ago
Shipboard - Motor Transport Mechanic - 1077321
The Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking a Shipboard Mechanic (Motor Transport) for our Jacksonville, Florida location.
Maintains, services, inspects and repairs combustion-powered automotive vehicles, over-the-road trucks, and comparable vehicles such as light combat vehicles, and trucks as well as other motor transport equipment. Performs other tasks as assigned.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Four years directly related work experience.
· Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in electrical or automotive repair is preferred.
· In lieu of formal course work, a combination of college credits, on-the-job training, other formalized training, or experience may be considered.
· Completion of the basic automotive mechanics course, or equivalent.
· Completion of the automotive organizational maintenance course, or equivalent.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Valid States Driver’s License
· Able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
· U.S. Citizen.
· Must have a valid passport to start employment.
· Must obtain a Secret Clearance
· Must pass a comprehensive physical examination (Military Sealift Command Standards) drug screening, and detailed background investigation.
· Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.