about 1 month ago
The Shift Supervisor Maintenance Control is responsible for the day-to-day operational efficiencies within Maintenance Control. They will be responsible for ensuring that Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Aware of the mechanical status of all operating aircraft and the general status and expected availability of all Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft undergoing maintenance.
* Work in partnership with SOC regarding aircraft availability, particularly if an aircraft cannot meet its schedule.
* Provide efficient and effective coordination with other departments within SOC during irregular operations.
* Audit prepared documents (e.g., maintenance ferry and operational check flights) ensuring compliance with the policies in the GMM.
* Review turnover logs for accuracy and content.
* Ensure proper MEL/CDL usage.
* Monitor ETOPS and LLM policy adherence.
* Assist with initial and recurrent training for existing and new Maintenance Controllers.
* Evaluate job performance and assist in conducting reviews or evaluations.
* Assist with interviewing and selection of new Maintenance Controllers.
* Mentoring new Maintenance Controllers, and existing Maintenance Controllers that need focused topic refreshers.
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, Federal safety and health
* Perform duties as a Maintenance Controller, as required.
* Any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* One-year Line Maintenance experience
* Current FAA mechanic certificate with both airframe and powerplant ratings and have had these ratings for at least three years.
* Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Previous supervisory experience
* Documented 737NG fam Course
* Previous experience using TRAX Maintenance Software
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of Sun Country Airlines to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States