5 months ago
About the company:
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and is the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting the Operations Manager in managing the daily operation, you will take ownership and accountability for meeting operational objectives and targets. As the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning and managing the team’s output and facilitate required information to ensure delivery of business, section and customer targets in compliance with company processes and procedures, while also performance managing team members and escalating concerns to the Bond Manager. Attending/conducting operational briefings when required, you will strive to create a positive working environment while ensuring that legal/compliance is maintained across health and safety, food safety, Department for Transport (DfT), security. Working closely with the Bond Manager, the Shift Supervisor will support in the initiation and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives. You will be required to participate in loading, search and seal activities as and when required as well as ensuring all paperwork is completed to acceptable standards. In this role, you will assist with internal business projects under the direction of the Operations Manager.
* A foundation degree, HND or degree is preferred; suitable relevant experience and demonstrated appropriate level of acumen.
* Food hygiene, security, H&S experience/qualification preferred.
* Relevant experience of working in a fast-paced within the manufacturing, warehousing, transport or logistics industry.
* Previous experience in managing teams
Skills & Knowledge:
* Must demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
* Ability to work efficiently using own initiative to resolve issues
* Effective verbal and written communication skills in English,
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
* Proactive and positive/flexible attitude