6 months ago
Job Category: Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Title: Shift 3 Repair Machinist
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our organization.
Day to Day:
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
It is the policy of Chromalloy to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
The repair machinist works as a part of a team manually machining commercial and military gas turbine engine components back into tolerance using blueprints, customer specifications, and standard work to hold tolerances.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates EDM, manual lathes and mills to machine engine component to match blueprint and customer specifications.
* Performs and plans part changeovers, setups and execution of high variation of work scope to support production needs according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
* Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
* The operator inspects own work using inspection tools such as CMM, micrometers, and gauges.
* Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, and fractions required.
* On the job experience of 3-5 years in manual machining. Experience machining superalloy (Inconel and Waspaloy) highly desirable.
* Must have experience machining tolerances <.001, inspecting own work against blueprint specs using a variety of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, scales, thread gages, CMM, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will require the employee to wear the following specific PPE that will be provided by the company: Steel toes shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.