Are you a Sheet Metal Worker looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a world leading MRO Civil Aviation Service Provider who are currently looking for an experienced Sheet Metal Worker to join the team in Malta.
This is a permanent role based in Malta.
The Sheet Metal Worker carries out maintenance tasks on aircraft structural elements and components according to one’s current authorization level and training received. Tasks mainly consist of carrying out self-inspections, assisting during the accomplishment of damage assessments, performing damage repairs, component/part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications
• Perform inspections, damage assessments and classifications, damage repairs, component / part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications according to one’s current authorization level and sign-off privileges by:
o Correctly identifying of structural parts and/or elements;
o Correctly defining the nature and damage type taking measurements as necessary;
o Determining if the damage is within or exceeding allowable / repairable limitations after
comparing established data against criteria provided in technical documentation;
o Performing the necessary repairs (including fabrication of repair parts as necessary) or
preparing a damage assessment report (supporting the Technical Reporting Officer);
o Replacing the affected damaged part;
o Carrying out repair Instructions as provided by the respective OEM;
Note: all of the above being carried out using the relevant approved Repair Manuals, Drawings / Technical Instructions as provided by the OEM.
• Take up responsibility of an “aircraft zone / section” including leadership of permission 2 and permission 1 employees assigned to work in that respective area;
• Ensure an efficient workflow during the respective ground time input by:
o overseeing correct clocking of job cards;
o ordering repair parts and materials in a timely manner;
o distributing resources effectively;
o planning ahead and coordinating as necessary.
• Support the respective Bay in accomplishing the ground time input according to milestone plans /work schedules (including closure of job cards in a timely manner);
• Support the assigned permission 2 and permission 1 structure mechanics in any technical matters that may arise during the respective ground time input;
• Engage in the supervision of training and development of apprentices;
• Increase the engagement and motivation of staff members in one’s team;
• Raise, update and complete / close routine and non-routine job cards by:
o signing off of work performed in a timely manner;
o ensuring assigned permission 2 and permission 1 structure mechanics sign off work in a
Note: the above carried out according to SRT qualification profile and sign off privileges
• Prepare and report job status during handover at the end of shift;
• Adhere to company procedures, maintaining safety and quality standards at all times, reporting any discrepancies to respective Manager / Team Leader (raising SMS reports as necessary);
• Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment according to 5S principles (including proper usage of tooling);
• Maintain and carry out regular tool box inventory checks;
• Manage and maintain one’s personal logbook and training records;
• Support and mentor permission 2, permission 1, and apprentices during the accomplishment of task in line with training requirements;
• Promote a positive safety culture and to ensure that the safety and quality policy is communicated, promoted and implemented within the organization;
• Ensure that all elements of the SMS are properly implemented, maintained and continuously improved by fulfilling all SMS related duties and responsibilities as defined in SMS manual;
• Engage in other duties and/or projects as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful Sheet Metal Worker will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Ideally in possession a sheet metal course or an equivalent technical course;
• Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience within structure mechanics work in aviation or equivalent industry experience and demonstrated competence;
• Possess leadership skills;
• Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
• Be computer literate with strong knowledge of MS office applications;
• Be able to communicate well in English;
• Be a good team player.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Looking for Sheet Metal Worker jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Sheet Metal Worker vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Sheet Metal Worker careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Sheet Metal Worker opportunities in UK:
View all Sheet Metal Worker Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Sheet Metal Worker recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Sheet Metal Worker Now