Protec are currently recruiting for a Safety and Health Environment Advisor for our client in the East Midlands. Reporting to the SHE Manager, the SHE Advisor will provide regional SHE advice and guidance to the company, helping them to implement the SHE Procedures contained within the SHE Manual and adhere to SHE legislation.
As a SHE Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· The ability to identify and apply SHE Management systems to international standards
· Ability to monitor and amend SHE Management Systems
· Planning and organising internal inspection plan and overseas visits
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and motivate others
· Knowledge of current UK safety law and the ability to inform and persuade others verbally and in written reports and presentations
· Managing relationships and the ability to work as a team member
· Manages personal effectiveness by controlling emotions in the face of pressure and provocative situations
· Able to react appropriately to changing situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate a variety of views on one subject and adapt an approach that meets the change within the organisation or situation
· Analytical thinking and problem solving- able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
As a SHE Advisor your main responsibilities will involve:
· Providing clear and accurate advice to all employees and management to help them fulfil their responsibilities under the SHE Management System.
· Remaining current with legal updates and liaison with the HSE and other enforcement organisations.
· Engaging with regulatory authorities and agencies.
· Supporting the business to maintain OHSAS18001 & ISO14001 accreditations through the implementation of the companies SHE Procedures.
· Encouraging a continuous improvement in safety performance by coaching of local supervisors and SHE Co-ordinators.
· Working collaboratively with colleagues and ensure appropriate sharing of knowledge and best practice.
· Assisting in the development of safe systems of work.
· Drafting guidance, issue and communicate SHE alerts and have input into procedure and policy amendments and reviews.
· Assisting in accident investigation.
· Assisting and support in regulatory visits and audits.
· Developing specialist knowledge in designated topic areas and use this knowledge to support colleagues and the business.
· Supporting the preparation of reports for management on accident/incident reports and as a result of SHE Procedural Audits (SHEPA).
· Holding safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm working environment.