11 months ago
Responsibilities and Qualifications
* Meeting critical deadlines
* Operate a sewing machine to join fabric parts
* Ensure operations in accordance with company’s manufacturing system
* Assure that projects/production jobs maintain the highest quality standards
* Minimum 1 – 3 years experience in the sewing, sail repair or upholstery field
* Various sewing machine operational knowledge is required: straight stitch, zig-zag and pre-programmed machines
* Understanding of fabrics and materials with in the sewing environment is needed
* Production knowledge in grommet setting and installation will be considered a plus
* Extensive knowledge in materials and processes related to textiles and fabrics
* Operation knowledge of die cutting machines and automated static cutting tables a plus but not required
* Able to lift or move a minimum of 50 pounds
* Previous military fabrication knowledge in the parachute or canvas field of production is a plus but not required
* Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.