about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 9389
Location: US - Connecticut - Waterbury
Functional Area: Operations
Division: Advanced Motion Solutions
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 40
Travel Percentage: 0
Perform setup assembly equipment, maintenance of equipment and gauge calibration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work under general direction with a minimum of supervision.
• Setup and trouble shoot various machines including the wrapping machine, termination, soldering etc.
• Repair electronic and mechanical equipment.
• Build semiautomatic assembly equipment and provides input on product and equipment design parameters.
• Develop and maintain machine maintenance schedule for general upkeep of machines in accordance with manufacturers and HKMS recommendations.
• Trains and monitors personnel working within motors department.
• Supports quality assurance through monitoring motors production output, including first part, in process, and in final inspection using tools, gauges and methods provided.
• Acts as liaison between engineering department and manufacturing with regards to new designs and periodic maintenance of fixtures and tooling as necessary.
• Responsible for the calibration of gauges.
• Maintains records within the scope of the department.
• Reviews drawings and specifications for accuracy and manufacturability.
• Updates and manages inventory and work orders via computer and manual systems.
• Maintain personal production and quality standards.
• Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts including 5S.
• Follows all safety regulations and quality standards.
• Will perform soldering duties as required.
• Performs similar and other related duties as instructed or required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• One year Certificate from College/Technical School or High School diploma or equivalent, Trade High school diploma or trade school certificate; five to seven years work related experience. Ability to operate general tool room equipment such as lathes, grinders, drill presses and millers.
• Must be able to read and comprehend complex measuring equipment, drawings and related symbols.
• Knowledge of 5S and continuous improvement strategies
• Basic and advanced shop math required
• Must have basic computer skills, P.C. based systems
• Some soldering experience
• Repetitive light to heavy lifting up to and including 50 lbs. required
• 20/20 vision or correctable sight required
• Must have reasonable dexterity in hands to manipulate micrometers, calipers and other precision hand tools
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.