7 months ago
Service Technician III -FCM
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Department: Service Shop
Location Name: Eden Prairie
Wage: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full time
General Summary: With advanced knowledge and high level skills, inspect, test, adjusts, repair, and perform other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe & engine systems and components on a variety of airfcraft in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer expectations. Service Tech III must be capable, and experienced to perform effective troubleshooting of the most complicated aircraft squawks. Train lesser experienced employees through the OJT process. Prepare and complete appropriate documentation. Meet the requirements for designation as a Elliott Aviation Production Inspector.
2nd Shift Available!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs inspections, servicing, and repairs of the most complicated nature on various aircraft systems and components on a variety of aircraft in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework, with a superior level of quality, craftsmanship, and efficiency.
2. Capable of making sound technical decisions as a technician and/or when functioning as Production Inspector. Efficiently and effectively troubleshoots, function tests referencing manufacturer’s technical documents across a variety of airframe, engine and component systems.
3. Expertly prepares and completes various documents for maintenance/ modification record keeping purposes, as required by FAA Airworthiness Regulations, Elliott Aviation Policies and Processes, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, including project turnovers, and personal training logs (OJT). Instruct and assist Tech I & Tech II in proper completion of documentation.
4. Demonstrate proficient use of the Elliott Aviation Work Order system by completing accurate and timely listing of discrepancies. Complete accurate corrective action statements, including completion of Service Bulletin and Airworthiness Directives (AD) compliance statements (rerf. FAR §91.417).
5. Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and learned trusted techniques with less experienced technicians through the OJT program to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support of the team’s goals. Acts as mentor and task expert for new service personnel.
6. Proficiently and consistently locates and uses the appropriate technical data to accomplish any and all tasks.
7. Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State, local regulations and Elliott Aviation’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Processes.
8. In the absence of the Crew Chief, capable of accepting ownership of the work scope and established milestones relative to the successful and timely completion of these projects. Leads minor Aircraft Projects from time to time, as directed by Crew Chief.
9. Performs related duties, as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements:
Licenses: Airframe Certificate; Powerplant Certificate. FAA Inspection Authorization Preferred.
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 100 lbs
Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping. Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion, has Good finger dexterity, Speaks, hears and understands American English effectively and efficiently. Has Visual acuity correctable to 20/20
Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying
Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
Other: Occasional overnight and short notice travel
Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
Eligibility for designation as a Production Inspector
Must be able to work various shifts, as needed
Education and Experience:
* 5-7 years experience on Falcon 50, 2000, 900 with EOM approved training. Run and taxi qualified a plus.
* High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
* Attend one Flight Safety International Initial Corporate Aircraft Maintenance Course.
* Five years aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
* 5 Years corporate aviation maintenance experience preferred.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Elliott Aviation is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard trace, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.