about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 9364
Location: US - Califorinia - Hayward
Functional Area: Product Services
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 40+
Travel Percentage: 70
Plan, manage and perform system installations at customer sites. Travel is expected to average 70%, but in any given month could be higher. Travel will be domestic with periodic international.
Work involves performing the following functions:
• Lead projects from order to acceptance in a successful way.
• Define a technically accurate product configuration, solution and scope.
• Coordinate all internal and customer activities.
• Act as primary customer interface from receipt of order until customer acceptance.
• Provide operator and maintenance training to customer personnel.
1. Engineer effective solutions for assigned projects.
2. Manage the project scope of supply to ensure deliverables meet customer expectations through internal and customer meetings.
3. Work with appropriate Surface Vision groups to ensure timely equipment delivery.
4. Installation startup planning.
5. Install equipment and application deliverables.
6. Maintain project open point list and expedite its completion.
7. Conduct project signoff and close out meeting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer personnel
2. Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive customer issues
3. Effectively manage assigned project personnel during project life cycle.
4. Ability to organize information, analyze it and apply effective problem solving and installation planning techniques.
5. High competence and proficiency with MS office products.
6. Minimum 3 years’ experience in related on-site field service/project management.
7. Must have a strong systems’ background. Experience in machine vision and industrial process automation is preferable
Education and languages:
1. Requires B.A. degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or the equivalent occupational experience.
2. English is mandatory. Bi-lingual in any other language(s) would be of benefit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.