about 1 month ago
Provides engineering support for base and heavy maintenance for assigned area of responsibility. Provides engineering support for repairs, parts and material substitutions and alterations. Evaluates manufacturer’s maintenance documents for applicability to the AMC fleet. Produces engineering documents to execute alterations and repairs as required. Works with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Designated Engineering Representative (DER) for approval of major repairs and modifications and for conformity and compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
* Review Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and Service Bulletins for applicability to Air Methods’ (AMC’s) fleet: develop Engineering Orders to accomplish modifications in response to ADs, Service Bulletins, SILs, etc.
* Conduct research and data collection to aid in the development of Fleet Campaign Directives, Engineering authorizations, Engineering Orders, engineering Specifications, and other engineering documents
* Provide engineering support for base and 145 maintenance to include minor repair authorizations, parts and materials substitutions, repairs, and reports
* Provide support in maintaining configuration control
* Respond to requests for engineering assistance to obtain or develop approved engineering data when that data is not in the Manufacturers manual, Structural Repair Manual (SRM), or other FAA approved documents
* Interact with applicable departments to define, maintain and optimize the AMC Approved Aircraft Inspection Program (AAIP) and other maintenance program items
* Analyze and determine disposition of all reliability issues and improvements
* Evaluate and determine disposition of Beyond Economic Repair (BER) parts
* Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
* Regular scheduled attendance
* Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: <1%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field from four-year college or university and three (3) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Aviation engineering experience: 5 years minimum preferred
* Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company
* Core understanding of electronic aircraft structure with knowledge of the hierarchal relationships between components
* Knowledge of interchangeability rules for aircraft configuration
* Experience with aircraft model / model variants relative to component applicability
* Strengths in aircraft compliance recording and regulations
* Strong knowledge in aviation engineering process and regulations regarding AD’s and SB’s
* Practical understanding of electronic AMM / IPC / MSM / delivery docs / ICA’s / 337’s and functional competency
* Independent, self-motivated, and organized
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent interpersonal and people skills
* Ability to achieve goals while working under tight time constraints while maintaining technical standards and integrity
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must
* In depth knowledge of aviation maintenance, records and compliance, engineering, and configuration control
* Working knowledge of aviation regulatory affairs for FAA and other applicable regulatory environments
* Ability to work with little oversight and manage workload and priorities appropriately
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.