5 months ago
Requisition ID: 15221
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Service Center Technician – Wichita Service Center to join our team in Wichita, KS (1090). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Responsible to perform testing, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of various moderate to complex electronics/avionics equipment in accordance with Rockwell Collins Services Workmanship and Quality Standards for products returned from airlines, dealers, airframes, and/or end users for service under close or general supervision depending on labor grade.
* Sets up and operates precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment and systems. Possesses basic knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc., as well as a basic understanding of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
* Aligns and adjusts routine electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
* Conducts a variety of functional tests to check operation and calibration of test stations, components, equipment and systems.
* Analyzes circuitry and physically checks wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and systems components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
* Performs routine electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units. Determines requirements and installs modifications as set forth by Service Bulletin or other authorized documentation.
* Examines customer units for potentially defective parts or conditions causing impairment or prevention of proper equipment operation. Verifies that repairs or modifications performed on customer equipment conform to Rockwell Collins Quality and Workmanship Standards.
* Records results of repair and modification actions and accounts for time required to perform each task on Service Worksheets. Understands proper entries for less common usage (J-TAB, test only, subassembly servicing, etc.).
* Communicates problems/observations/estimates for repair effectively with service center leadership.
* Prepares estimate of repair costs for customers.
* Accurately records results of repair and modification actions, accounts for time, and records other data per SCOP requirements in SAP or on Service Worksheets as applicable.
* Knowledgeable of Service Center Operation Performance Goals and impact on other Service Center Operations.
* Properly prioritizes and manages time to meet production needs as assigned by senior techs, leads and management.
* Have a basic knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
* Have a basic knowledge of Operating Procedures and understand why they are needed.
* Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the repair process. Strive for perfection in paperwork process including data entries in the electronic systems.
* Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives. Provide ideas for and participates in Lean activities, events, and other process improvement initiatives.
* May be required to train other technicians.
* Follows all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to Service Center Operations.
* Understands safety requirements and performs duties in accordance with all safety procedures. Participates in facility safety program.
* May be required to perform related duties as assigned.
* Conducts activities in accordance with Rockwell Collins Credo, Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct, and other established Rockwell Collins policies.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.