6 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1200 staff across twelve offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an analytical, experienced and creative Growth Marketing Manager to be based in our Edinburgh or London office. You’ll help to shape, deliver and execute the strategy and activity for the Middle East, to drive growth through highly-creative and high-performing marketing activities.
Are you user-centric? Product focused and growth obsessed? Can you Identify innovative growth techniques, test and scale them for hyper-growth? If you have the ability to analyse data, interpret it and understand how to use this to drive your decisions then this could be the role for you.
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an operating culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. Our growth managers work in autonomous teams (squads), they create their own backlog and don’t have dependencies in order to deliver to their users. We are continually evolving an environment whereby engineering, growth, data science, and product live together and practices such as peer review and experimentation are the norm.
What you can expect as a growth manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to work with teams across the business and have real influence and autonomy over strategy and delivering projects
* The opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
* A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for the travel market.
* We deliver quickly and we’re never afraid of trying new things. Sometimes it fails but we have a culture of forgiveness and experimentation. That’s what makes us fearless in taking bigger bolder steps. We’re in this together
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Previous job experience within an internet economy business
* Fluent in English (written & spoken)
* Hands on experience in the development and implementation of SEO strategies and prioritisation of impactful activity.
* Awareness of the multinational campaign considerations, with a solid understanding of how consumer behaviours can differ between markets/areas
* Bonus points for experience in one or more of the following: content marketing, PR and App related specialisms (ASO, Paid app acquisition, re-engagement and onboarding).
* Growth hacking mentality; Product led, data driven, highly creative.
* Evidence of driving significant growth
* Proficient in a range of tools across the marketing stack, ideally Analytics packages, Search Console, Majestic and Linkdex.
* Even better if you have basic programming skills in the likes of SQL & Python to start taking this to the next level.
* Understanding of a 2-sided marketplace and how to drive growth among 2 or more distinct user groups
* Self-driven. You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
* Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise.
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.