3 months ago
When you’re one of our team, you’ll play a vital part in every customer’s journey.
The part you’ll play
Coach and develop the Turnaround Coordinators during the day to day operation. You will ensure that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance.
* To consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
* To effectively manage an aircrafts turnaround giving support where appropriate.
* Responsible for a safe, secure & correct aircraft arrival to/departure from it’s parking stand. This is to include the overseeing of safety of the entire operation on the ramp area, involving all staff and third party suppliers.
* Ensuring all staff members fully comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 when carrying out their duties.
* Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the safe unloading/loading of the aircraft.
* To assist with passenger services and passengers being directed to and from the aircraft in a safe manner.
* To comply with all airlines weight & balance documentation and load sheet regulations and to convey the loading instruction to ramp staff.
* Supervision of Ramp Agents and Customer Service Agents affecting the aircraft.
* Ensure that the fuel is loaded and agreed / confirmed with Captain & fuel provider
* To ensure that security Items, Rush/Unattended bags are loaded & documented correctly
* Presentation of the load sheet with any final amendments made to the Captain.
* Compliance with baggage reconciliation and “Triple A” requirements.
* To understand and operate radio and PA equipment effectively and correctly.
* Co-ordinating & recording the safe and timely delivery of all services to the aircraft at the request of the crew or engineers. Services include Catering, Fuelling, Engineering, Cleaners, Toilet/ Water servicing, Crew Transport, Ramp Agents & ground equipment, Care bears (Passenger special assistance) and De-icing.
* Responsible for the safe co-ordination of the pushback/start-up procedure on departure of the aircraft, and to ensure the ramp area is checked for FOD before aircraft arrival
* Responsible for the timely sending of all movement messages (to include AA/ED/AD/NI/ED/PSM) to all required outstations by SITA including detailed delay analysis.
* Supplying of weather/NOTAMS as required upon request to the Captain
* Agree departure time and delay code(s) where applicable with the aircraft Captain, correctly record agreed data on dispatch report card
* To provide accurate info after departure to GMC of any delay codes with times, specials, security items etc.
* Foster and enhance the relationships between staff, the airport and contracted service providers to deliver consistently outstanding customer service
* Responsible for ensuring Menzies Aviation product is delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on time performance targets
* Assisting with disruption management and communicating the status of the aircraft they are responsible for.
* Full compliance and implementation at all times
* Any other reasonable duties.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Experience of having worked in a similar environment with focus on customer services.
* Experience of supervising a number of teams
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Manual Handling Qualification
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button