about 1 year ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced Test & Evaluation Engineer to join the Boeing Test & Evaluation team, working in the Metrology And Test Equipment Services group in the Seattle, WA area. The successful candidate will join a geographically dispersed and multidisciplinary metrology engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting measurement solutions in support of advanced manufacturing, airplane production, and test & evaluation activities.
The responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Develops and documents standardized test methods and processes to ensure repeatability and productivity.
* Leads the development of test procedures.
* Utilizes established RCCA method and techniques to apply lessons learned to the improvement of test procedures/methodologies.
* Designs/develops calibration system/test fixtures, data processing tools, and algorithms.
* Generates calibration procedures and software. Guides others in the design of test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements.
* Leads the analysis, processing and formatting of measurement information to customer requirements.
* Approves test data prior to delivery to customer. Formulates expectations for test data based on historical data.
* Performs functions as required to ensure calibration system readiness and data validity.
Metrology And Test Equipment Services (MATES) provides a full spectrum of test asset and metrology services and support for internal customers and products through all phases of the product lifecycle. Services include: calibration/certification for over 600,000 dimensional/optics, electrical/electronic and mechanical/physical measurement and test assets, sourcing management, measurement solutions, repair & maintenance, test asset selection and use, acquisition, allocation, resource and lifecycle management, and specialized test services.
MATES is comprised of engineers, technicians and administrative personnel who support programs, sites, business units and external/government customers by providing best value test asset management and metrology services through all phases of the product lifecycle.
What is metrology? Metrology is the science of measurement. MATES is responsible for establishing an unbroken chain of measurement traceability from the point of application to internationally recognized standards, quantities, values or reference materials. Applied metrology at Boeing ensures that measurement standards, materials or equipment used to apply or determine measurement quantities are defined, repeatable, reproducible and traceable.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Requires Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* 3 or more years experience in metrology or calibration/certification.
* 3 or more years experience in project management.
* 3 or more years performing statistical analysis.
* 5 or more years experience developing procedures.
* Experience with large volume metrology or familiarity with 3D coordinate measurement technology (trackers, surphaser, etc.).
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award