8 months ago
Develops, assembles, tests and maintains hydraulic, mechanical and electronic systems, applying knowledge of mechanical and electrical technologies. Utilizing internal and external resources to solve complex technical problems related to above systems.
* Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as aircraft fuel controls, actuators, pumps.
* Sets up and conducts tests of mechanical and electronic systems and components. May contribute to the design of such tests.
* Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source and instrumentation.
* Records test procedures and results (numerical and graphical data).
* Documents mechanical or electrical problems and generates solutions to those problems.
* Analyzes test results in relation to design or rated specification and test objectives; modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
* Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working conditions described here are representative of those a member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Participates in a regular 40 hour/week work schedule; night shift, overtime and weekend coverage may be required.
* May work unsupervised on one or more projects.
* Work generally performed in a production environment with possible exposure to solvents, toxic materials and noise levels in excess of 75 decibels. Outdoor work maybe required at times.
* Two year technical degree or 3 years equivalent technician experience with proficiency in mechanical or electrical systems.
* Additional desirable education/experience include: Computer programming, advanced mathematics (i.e. trigonometry, calculus), control theory.
* Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical, hydraulic and electronic schematics.
* Ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical and electrical measurement devices.
* Ability to operate a wide range of electronic instrumentation to meet test requirements.
* Windows PC skills with some functional experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and WISE screens.
* Ability to work in a team atmosphere; may be asked to train less experienced technicians.
* Ability to learn and apply new concepts/techniques to work environment.
* Exhibits desire for challenging work.
* Work requires general physical fitness; may be required to handle in excess of 25 lbs.
Education or Formal Training:
* Two year technical degree or 3 years equivalent technician experience with proficiency in mechanical or electrical systems
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Repair & Maintenance
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 3rd Shift / Night Job