10 months ago
Healthcare Life Sciences There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Operate in high speed evolving business to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to technical teams across technologies. Direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. You will be responsible for complex customisations of the SFDC platform and guide CoE development teams.
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of technical and business stakeholders across the GE Healthcare Life Sciences business. In this role, you will:
• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products in the commercial & digital portfolio
• Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
• Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
• Engage frequently with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
Routinely collaborate with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisionsConduct customer and stakeholder interviews for identified new required capabilities to support the Business
• Partner with the Center of Excellence Team(s) to ensure clear transfer of requirements, monitor & support the design & build phases & ensure solutions implemented are relevant for the Life Sciences business & sustainable in nature
• Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization gain the competitive edge
• Mentor junior team members and provide technical leadership
Can be based from home:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Extensive technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
• Legal authorization to work in the UK is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Amersham, UK
• Strong background with software development/configurations on Salesforce.com
• Salesforce.com Admin certified
• Salesforce.com Advanced Developer certified
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Rally
• Full system development life cycle hands-on experience: analysis, designing, coding, testing, performance tuning and documentation
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and basic Java coding principles
• Experience working in Agile engineering environment
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Experience working on a global team with stakeholders across all poles
• Experience in Healthcare industry
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning. Personal Attributes:
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute projects
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
Locations: United Kingdom; Can be based from home UK wide:
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.