Looking for your next big challenge? Intellisense Systems, Inc., is looking for a Senior Systems Safety Engineer to join our growing team in Southern California. Intellisense is expanding quickly and needs experienced talent to support our growing organization.
The unique culture at Intellisense offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller company with the support and expertise of a larger organization. Intellisense hosts the research and development of a wide range of cutting-edge technologies. As such, we are looking for individuals that have a wide breadth of experience while also being subject matter experts in their respective field. With a flexible alternative work schedule (9/80), immediate 40-hours of paid time off, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4% of your annual salary without a vesting period, we recognize that employees are our greatest resource and that finding the right individuals will make our company even better.
As a Senior Systems Safety Engineer, You Will:
- Plan, define and verify System Safety requirements and Safety Analysis artifacts to ensure design integrity and safety
- Analyze engineering hardware, electrical drawings, and schematics assessing for fault tolerance, latent hazards, and safety requirements compliance
- Conduct System Safety Hazard Analysis; SHA, SSHA, FHA, OHA, SAR, SSHAR, etc. (MIL-STD-882)
- Identify system safety issues, propose solutions, and ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate safety issues
- Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments and Lead fault tree assessments related to product anomalies
- Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate test anomalies, and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques
- Analyze, recommend, and drive safety criteria in system design, equipment, and procedures to mitigate or eliminate hazards
- Participate in various system safety meetings with both internal and external stakeholders
- Cooperate and communicate with the project manager and other project participants and collaborate with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's adherence to a budget
- Ensure the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications
What You'll Bring to the Table as a Senior Systems Safety Engineer:
- 5-8+ years Systems Safety experience in development/management of: CONOPs, system design, system architecture, and requirements
- 5-8+ years in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, or Software engineering for ruggedized commercial or military electronics
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field from an ABET accredited program
- Development of safety models/analyses for avionic systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and electrical circuit diagrams
- Ability to review design and development documentation and requirements to identify safety critical risks and impacts
- Ability to present results of assessments to other engineers, managers, and customers.
- A Working knowledge of System Safety Engineering
- An understanding and working knowledge of MIL-STD-882E and ARP4761
- A history and understanding of DO-254 / DO-178 certification requirements
- Working Knowledge of DoD Systems Safety Principles and Policies
- Excellent computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) including presenting design progress during major project milestones (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR)
Nice To Haves:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- A history and understanding of DO-254 / DO-178 design development.
- Experience with specialized interfaces ARINC-818, ARINC-429, ARINC-661, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-825
- Strong knowledge and experience with Joint Software System Safety Handbook (JSSSEH), DO-178B/C, MIL-HDBK-516C, DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, and/or AOP-52.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to fast moving environments with evolving deadlines and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience or background in avionics or military aerospace devices
What You Can Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded
- The ability to deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors
- A partnership with leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency
However, base salary for this position will vary based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Alternative Work Schedule (9/80-Alternating Fridays Off)
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (including 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) with 100% employer matching up to 4% of salary (no vesting period)
- Free Coffee, Tea, and Coldbrew
- Great Work Perks Employee Discount Program
- Multiple options for Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance (30% of Tuition with a minimum grade)
- 100% Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 100% Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 100% Paid Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.