4 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer (Active TS/SCI with Poly)
Req #: 221468
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
Are you interested in working with the latest in advanced technologies? Does supporting critical national security missions have special meaning to you? Are you someone that thrives working in an agile team environment? If so, this is a great opportunity to join our team and support a key Intelligence Community customer on a long-term prime contract.
CACI is seeking highly skilled System Engineers to join the MIDDLEWARE program which is comprised of multiple TTOs, and provides five key capabilities across them as well as a wide variety of support services. The key capabilities are: Data Transport - Provides real-time data transport services across a global footprint, Billions of message events per day. Enterprise Audit - Provides millions of auditable events to the enterprise never audited before. Authorization Services - Provides Billions of authorizations per year across the IC. Information Transport Service (ITS) - ODNI Mandated high speed data transport for high vale traffic. Enterprise Application Hosting – Supporting requirements for Platform as a Service (PaaS) and remote desktop infrastructure across the enterprise.
What You'll Get to Do:
You will be a key member of a large prime contract effort, comprised of multiple teams working to secure, operate and enhance customer systems. This position supports Senior member of a cross-functional team providing systems engineering expertise and guidance for critical messaging fabrics in three unique security domains spanning the IC and the Department of Defense (DoD) under the Information Transport Service (ITS) program with a focus on client functional and operational behavior. Responsible for the integration efforts and validation of client behavior in these three domains with a focus on promoting clients to Production in a timely manner. Provides expert advice to customers requiring assistance with their messaging clients when issues are encountered. Provides subject matter expertise and advice on messaging standards used by ITS, reviews new standards, and provides guidance to clients adopting these new standards when promulgated by the government. Coordinates and interacts with other member of the task order and with external customers including software engineers, system engineers, platform engineers, system administrators, test engineers to ensure mission accomplishment. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Validate readiness of messaging clients from across multiple domains to ensure these external IC and DoD client messaging systems are Production ready.
* Develop repeatable procedures using performance scripts or other tools in order to validate functional and integration activities for clients.
* Analyze and track defects encountered during validation activities.
* Analyze client behaviors to ensure performance characteristics meet or exceed those captured during testing activities when clients migrate to Production.
* Subject matter expert for messaging standards. Comments on new standards and ensures standards are adopted and implemented correctly by clients.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines plus 10 years System Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
* 3+ years’ experience in the installation, administration, and/or operation of messaging clients using JMS technologies including ITS messaging.
* Experience with requirements definition and management, risk management and use case development in the IC.
* 2+ years hands-on experience as a System Administrator and/or Platform Engineer.
* Understand defense messaging protocols and procedures and how these protocols and procedures are transformed in modernized messaging with hands-on experience.
* Subject matter expertise in messaging standards used by the IC to include XML as well as security standards.
* Some experience with networking protocols to interface with client’s machines to design proper test strategies.
* Able to clearly communicate technical issues and ideas orally and written to superiors and subordinates across all engineering disciplines.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with automation tools to perform client validation testing activities and document these activities via Redmine or similar tool.
* 2+ years scripting development experience including but not limited to scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby and/or SQL.
* 1+ years’ experience with Spring, JUnit, Fit (testing test harness) and JMS.
* Experience designing, creating, and executing automated testing solutions including analysis of results to determine adequacy of testing.
What We Can Offer You:
CACI’s National and Cyber Solutions (NCS) business group is looking for a successful candidate who possesses the requisite experience and “can-do” attitude. The work environment is casual, yet professional and we’re committed to providing the tools you need to succeed on the job and in your career.
TTO # (2019-TTO4-07 / 2019-TTO4-08)
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.