9 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. We are also developing a deep space, long-duration, human habitat design and prototype for the NASA NextSTEP-2 program. The Space Exploration Systems Advanced Development group is applying these technologies, as well as SNC expertise in satellite systems, propulsion and environmental control systems to develop new commercial low-earth orbit and deep space systems to advance the future of space transportation and exploration. In this role on the Advanced Development team, you will provide systems engineering in support of alternate Dream Chaser uses for both Government and commercial entities.
Experience in systems engineering, spacecraft subsystems and spacecraft system architecture design are highly desired.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support development of system architecture and concept of operations for Advanced Development programs and proposal efforts.
* Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
Work closely with manufacturing engineering to:
* Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability
* Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
* Support the project engineer in tracking the EPP
* Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
* Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Ability to travel occasionally
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* **Active TS Clearance required**
* Preferred active TS/SCI Clearance
* Requires a BS in Related Field. Typical Experience: 10+ Years
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Excellent communication skills required. The candidate will be expected to communicate effectively in presentations to large audiences, person to person, and in the products they develop.
* Experience working on space programs.
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Outside of the box thinking to support development of innovative new concepts.
* Strong propensity for system-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system.
* Ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
Additional Desired Skills:
* Knowledge of cutting-edge aerospace technologies that can be applied to solve challenging new problems
* Experience in multiple subsystems on space programs
* Experience on human spaceflight programs
* Experience supporting proposal development for aerospace systems
* This position requires current/active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.