about 1 month ago
Senior Systems Engineer
USA-Utah-Salt Lake City
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries . L3Harris. com
Senior Systems Engineer - level 5-6
This Senior Systems Engineer position is responsible for providing technical leadership in the areas of business development support, cutting-edge technology design and architecture, and oversee IRAD and DoD Programs. For this position, the Senior System Engineer is required to have an excellent understanding of communications theory in support of data link systems operation (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) including knowledge of multiple access schemes such as MF-TDMA and CDMA. Emphasis will be placed on customer interaction to gain understanding of Concept of Operations (CONOPS) objectives, present and discuss waveform specifics relating to customer needs, and be at the forefront of driving requirement definitions for upcoming customer programs. Communication systems waveform knowledge are a fundamental aspect for this position in order to educate potential customers and convey L3T’s technologies and products. This would include Low-probability jam and Low-probability detect (LPJ/LPD) technologies for anti-access-area-denial (A2/AD) environments.
Competencies:* Candidate has experience in developing customer interfaces and relationships as well as generating and presenting detailed technical briefings
* Experience and understanding of communication theory, including waveform concepts, waveform design, and waveform implementation across DoD services is required
* A confident outgoing presence with customers both internal and external to the company is essential
* Experience in LTE, 4G, and 5G systems is strongly desired
* Experience with software programmable architectures is strongly desired. Design experience is preferred, as is experience in one or more of the following areas: high-rate communication systems, satellite communication systems, spread spectrum systems and communication networks.
* Working knowledge of digital design, RF design, mechanical design, network design, and software design of digital line-of-sight and satellite communications systems is necessary
* Experience in requirements management and documentation is a must. Other key skills are risk management, project planning, and technical project management .
* Must have good leadership skills, with the ability to guide the technical direction/vision for a given project
* Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and formal presentation skills are required
* Candidate should be well versed in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, DOORs, or similar tools
Responsibilities:Applies communication systems waveform knowledge to present and educate potential customers on L3T’s technologies and products
Forms working technical relationships with potential customers to understand future CONOPS need and provide subject matter expertise, helping to guide and shape initial requirements for upcoming RFI and RFP content
Participates and leads responses to customer request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP), as well as performing requirements analysis and management, design synthesis, and document generation, including Statements of Work (SOW), technical specifications, and interface control descriptions
* Frequent travel to support technical briefings, technical interchange meetings, business development meetings, or other customer requests for technical support relating to the responsibilities of this position. Projected travel could be up to 30%-50% of overall work related hours during peak periods.
* Lead engineer for teams of system/design engineers, providing requirements management, technical documentation, project management, design oversight, build and test support, prototype demonstrations and system deployment expertise to new business pursuits
A BSEE/BSEET or equivalent related engineering degree from an ABET accredited University program area with 10+ years of directly related systems engineering experience is required
* An active Top Secret clearance is desired
Special Requirements:Due to the nature of this work, qualified candidates must have and maintain a DoD security clearance. Must be willing and capable of working in an outside environment and in all kinds of environmental conditions. Must be able to travel on occasion to support fielded systems and on-site testing requirements. Travel may include US and overseas locations. You may be required at times to work odd shifts based upon equipment availability and delivery schedules.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
US Security Clearance Required
:Day - 1st
:Yes, 10 % of the Time
:Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
:Jul 30, 2019, 3:34:27 PM