2 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer - 1079720
The candidate will provide Navy Fleet assessment as well as test and evaluation support to Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) to supplement and support program management, systems engineering, and technical assistance requirements as needed to facilitate systems development and life cycle management activities. PEO IWS is located at the Washington Navy Yard.
* Senior technical resource with significant experience in designing, planning, executing, and reporting results of application, systems, and/or integration testing.
* Capable of leading teams of testers in executing complex test protocols.
* Responsible for managing the development and coordination of test resources and services required for Test and Evaluation (T&E) of multiple Navy combat and weapons systems programs supported by PEO IWS and Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
* Capable of understanding and analyzing technical and programmatic aspects of numerous unique programs and organizations, able to work independently as well as lead multiple people in dynamic team environments that include senior technical personnel, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills including MS Office proficiency.
* Develop a master test schedule in accordance with the agreed upon test strategy, corporate it into the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) (in conjunction with other functional leads) and update the test schedule as necessary.
* Develop and maintain all T&E documentation (e.g., Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), detailed test plans, etc.) in support of the program.
* Review and comment on T&E related documentation developed by Stakeholders (e.g., Detailed Test Plans, Failure Definition Scoring Card (FDSC), Operational Mode Summary/Mission Profile (OMS/MP), etc.).
* Participate in Government Test Scoring Conferences. The contractor shall provide T&E input into program documentation (e.g., Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Life Cycle Management Plans (LCMPs), Systems Engineering Plans (SEPs), etc.).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Top Secret clearance
* Education: BA or BS degree
* Experience with data collection and analysis planning, test issue resolution, post-test data analysis, and report preparation and production
* Experience with developing data collection and analysis methodologies to ensure that all test data collected is of sufficient quantity, quality, and relevancy to meet test objectives
* Knowledge of mathematics, statistical, and engineering methods in determining solutions to complex problems
* Ability to analyze operational test activities
* 10 years of experience in a program office or similar organization.
* Expert knowledge of test and evaluation policy guidance, as it pertains to all Joint CBD test and evaluation documentation (e.g., TEMP, Developmental/Operational test plans, Test and Evaluation Strategy, etc.) is required.
* Effective communication skills both oral and written
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in technical analysis and to work autonomously with minimal supervision
* Must be capable of travel to various locations as needed
* Must be physically able to traverse the decks of U.S. Navy guided missile cruisers, guided missile destroyers and larger ships; must be able to climb up and down narrow stairwells on USN ships.
* Experience with Joint test or Service operational test agency
* MA, MS, or MBA degree preferred
* 5 years’ experience in Operations Analysis positions.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Test Engineering
- US-US-Washington, DC