8 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s (SNC) Information and Sensor Solutions (ISS) Business Area provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
SNC is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to lead and support the development of RF receiver and analysis systems used for ELINT and ESM applications. These systems monitor the RF spectrum, analyze signals of interest and perform direction finding functions. We are currently developing a number of new products. The position is available in our Los Gatos, CA facility.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
* Develop systems meeting cost, schedule, quality, customer requirements and industry standards
* Define system requirements based on customer needs
* Disseminate system requirements to lower level assemblies and modules to be designed and implemented by the engineering team
* Work with and lead a team including Software, Firmware, Hardware, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers
* Contribute to and preside over design reviews
* Draft and execute integration and test plans and product acceptance test procedures
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures and customer requirements
* Develop proposal responses, estimate work effort and document the basis of these estimates
* Travel to various locations to assist with ground and flight system testing, to attend Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) with customers and co-contractors, and collaborate with other SNC personnel.
* Ability to lead a small team of engineers
* Ability to estimate, plan and schedule work
* Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems
* Experience characterizing, documenting and maintaining product bug reports
* Experience writing system requirements, test plans and test procedures documents
* Experience using lab equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and network analyzers
* Experience leading and executing integration and test activities
* Familiarity with RF systems analysis and development
* * BS degree or equivalent experience working on ELINT or ESM systems
* 8+ years’ work experience in a systems engineering capacity
* Working knowledge of airborne ELINT/SIGINT systems and signal types
* Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and digital receivers
* Can use Matlab and Excel as analysis tools
* Familiar with Linux operating system, and/or the use of scripts and command line programs
* High frequency analog or digital hardware skills
* Familiar with industry standards like Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422 and VPX
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.