5 months ago
SNC is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to lead and support the development of state of the art aircraft, sensor, and processing solutions. This rapid development environment covers the full program lifecycle from design to fielding to field operations. You will have the opportunity to work with and support some of the finest military individuals in world while enabling them with the capability to successfully complete their missions. This position is available in our Beavercreek, OH facility and will require periodic travel.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
* Work with and lead a team including Software, Firmware, Hardware, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers
* Develop systems that meet cost, schedule, technical performance and customer requirements in harsh environments
* Define system requirements based on customer needs and disseminate them to lower level assemblies and modules to be designed and implemented by the engineering team.
* Contribute to and preside over design reviews
* Draft and execute integration and test plans and product acceptance test procedures
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures and work instructions, and customer requirements
* Develop proposal responses, estimate work effort and document the corresponding basis of estimates
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Ability to Travel up to 25% of time.
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience working on military systems
* 10+ years’ work experience in an engineering capacity
* A person of high moral character that shows a strong dedication to providing a contribution to a team
* Ability to estimate, plan and schedule work
* Experience drafting engineering system requirements based on customer needs and feedback
* Experience leading and executing integration and test activities
* Leadership skills needed to manage a small team of engineers
* Can travel to various facilities to assist with system testing, attend Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) with customers and co-contractors, and collaborate with SNC personnel
* Familiarity with airborne processing and imaging systems
* Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems, characterize, document issues and implement solutions
* Knowledge of military networks, datalinks, SATCOM, or other communication systems
* Familiarity with field operations, maintenance, and planning for military systems
* Familiar with Linux operating system, and/or the use of scripts and command line programs
* Comfortable working in hangars around aircraft
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.