8 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description [JP]
LMUK Ampthill is seeking a senior systems engineer with experience in delivering complex systems modelling, simulation, analysis and evaluation in support of the qualification and verification of the new Warrior AFVs being delivered as part of the Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme(WCSP).
Reporting to the project or business are Chief Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Ownership and delivery of the systems analysis and evaluation activities throughout the WCSP qualification phase in accordance with the Systems Engineering Management plan, and associated evaluation and analysis plans.
* Drive the successful completion of projects to schedule and budget by providing System Engineering leadership and technical input.
* Actively building and maintaining good quality relationships with customers and the project stakeholders
* Identification and management of risk and opportunities in the business areas
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Experience of the ownership and delivery of complex systems engineering tasks
* Experience of modelling, simulation and analysis work in support of the verification of complex requirements
* Experience of analysis and evaluation of data gathered from engineering and verification trials
* Experience of Requirements Based Systems Engineering
* Generation, review and management of common systems engineering artefacts, e.g. ICDs, VCRM, System Design Specifications, trade studies etc.
* Generation and management of engineering Work Packages
* Management of engineers and analysts to achieve completion of modelling, simulation and analysis tasks to cost and schedule
* Experience of formal Risk & Opportunity management
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Experience of the use and creation of analysis tools using Matlab and associated toolsets
* Experience of Armoured fighting vehicle (or equivalent) qualification and verification work
* Experience of leading and managing a team as a part of a complex and dynamic organisation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.