3 months ago
Requisition ID: 15324
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace in Annapolis, MD is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Technology Services & Operations (TS&O) Division. The System Administrator is responsible for the disciplined management of the application infrastructure life cycle. The administrator is expected to work within cross-functional information technology project teams. This position provides support for design and deployment of custom developed solutions and commercial software. This position must analyze, evaluate, modify, test, and implement enterprisewide systems and software. As the operational owner of various solutions, this position is responsible for the overall health and performance of a system and frequently works with infrastructure administrators and developers to deliver and maintain robust solutions.
The Technology Services & Operations (TS&O) Division provides creative, reliable solutions for IMS’s internal and external customers. They provide global services including design, engineering, installation, dispatching, repair, outsourcing and consulting, and project management for a diverse base of network, radio, and applications services supporting information technology systems and networks in industries including aviation, health care, surface transportation, and government.
* Be responsible for the design, deployment, installation, configuration and maintenance of server systems and software.
* Participate in technical discussions on leading edge technologies and provide innovative solutions that contribute to business growth.
* Determine evaluation criteria and assesses industry trends and new products in terms of operational capabilities based on established requirements.
* Must understand and take into account the needs of all roles in a project, such as end users, project sponsor, UX designer, developer, programmers and QA.
* Creates and oversees execution of deployment plans and operational activities such as patching, upgrades, etc. Finalize plans and coordinate actions of upstream and downstream activities as part of cross functional team.
* Provide Tier 2 maintenance and troubleshooting support. Has superior troubleshooting skills and experience which can be leveraged to identify bottlenecks, provide solutions to complex problems and provide detailed detailed information upon resolution.
* Ability to automate tasks via multiple scripting or programming languages.
* Be responsible for configuration of physical and virtual environments, SAN storage, directory services, monitoring tools, etc.
* Be knowledgeable of networking competencies
* Must develop a broad understanding of Information Technology and expertise outside of the specific focus area.
* Project support may include (but is not limited to) Oracle/Sun Solaris, Linux RedHat/Ubuntu, and MS Windows.
* Work independently, as well as collaborate with peers and multiple business units within the company to create effective and supportable computing solutions to meet business requirements.
* Develop and implement documentation including policies, procedures, checklists, and guidance
* Develop and implement project plans within budgetary constraints.
* Able to identify and adhere to policies and procedures with little or no supervision. Assists in the development / review of new policies and procedures.
* Responsible for technical and personal mentoring of less- senior team members.
* Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* Five (5) or more years of experience working with Linux, UNIX, Window’s, and open source systems.
* Strong background in supporting large, distributed, heterogeneous environments.
* Broad knowledge in multiple hardware and software platforms for systems, networks, firewalls, DNS, etc.
* Experience in designing and deployment of enterprise level solutions
* Background in private cloud infrastructure and/or public cloud configurations (VCloud, AWS, etc.) is desirable.
* Experience with system management, clustering, storage management, virtualization, and directory services.
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must possess the ability to articulate ideas in both business and technical terms, both orally and in writing, according to the audience.
* Ability to listen and be comfortable with their ideas being constructively challenged.
* A career path that has provided exposure to and experience of employing a broad spectrum of technologies.
* Willing and able to travel when required.
* A detailed knowledge of the Airport and Air Transport Industry domain s is desirable.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
*Medical, dental, and vision insurance
*Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
*Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
*Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.