4 months ago
Senior System Engineer – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Systems
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of Things, and design thinking. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our inspection offerings, market presence and culture.
In order to drive new revenue growth, Honeywell Aerospace is launching a new business unit that will focus on developing a significant and sustainable position in the fast growing commercial UAV industry. This new business unit will leverage the broad set of capabilities within Honeywell, as well as develop new capabilities that are required to meet the needs of this adjacent market.
As Sr. Systems Engineer for our autonomous UAV products, you’ll have a chance to showcase your innovative engineering and technology know-how in a start-up environment. Working with cutting-edge talent, you’ll craft our breakthrough products to establish Honeywell’s leadership in yet another important future industry segment. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our UAV inspection offerings, market presence and culture.
We look to invest in you and your proven ability to challenge and change the status quo by embracing new technology and taking intelligent risks in our innovative, fast-paced and results-oriented environment. We embrace your interest in and proven ability to push the line of thinking and execution within our teams. Your drive and tenacity will be exercised daily as you take Honeywell to new levels. If you are a professional that wants their work to have direct, measureable impact in the way we all live in the world today, you would be a welcomed addition to our team. Apply today!
• Work directly with the Lead System Architect to define and analyze sensor and hardware component needs for drone autonomous system development
• Lead sensor and hardware selection for market specific inspection strategy
• Lead development activities with COE and support functions
• Develop system test strategies
• Own aggressive system development goals
• Work closely with the strategic customers and partners
• Interface with key partners
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or equivalent degree program
• 5+ years of development experience
• 3+ years in systems engineering
• Experience with low cost GNSS, IMUs, and cameras
• Experience with low cost hardware development
• Experience transitioning systems from development to production
• Experience with establishing and achieving system development plans
• Experience in developing real-time systems
• Experience developing or applying sensors
• Working knowledge of position, navigation, and controls
• Experience with C/C++, Python, Robot Operating System (ROS), Linux (Ubuntu)
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink and integration of code generated from such tools with other systems (e.g. within ROS)
• Experience in requirements documentation, evaluation and trade-off analysis methods
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Passion and understanding of new technology and digital trends in the mobile space.
• Data driven and results focused approach.
• You are detail oriented and have strong planning skills; you will look ahead, raise issues, provide solutions, and hit deadlines.
• Strong communicator and communication ability to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.
• Ability to take complex concepts and synthesize to be understood by business.
• Proactive and resourceful, this is a role with autonomy and accountability.
• Ability to be self-driven and friendly. Someone who is open to discussions and listening to other’s viewpoints before finalizing any decisions. This is a collaborative team who works in a close setting and travels together.
* JOB ID: HRD64830
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Suite AERO, Golden Valley, MNUSA
How Honeywell is Connecting the World