6 months ago
ATL or MSP
The Delta Cloud Engineering team designs, engineers and operates automation platform technology solutions that are leveraged by all Delta Air Lines product development teams. The Delta Cloud Engineering is responsible for Delta's Platform-as-a-Service operating environment, automation and self-service Windows and Linux platform provisioning, hybrid (public and private) cloud management.
In this position as a Sr. System Engineer you will be responsible for assessing, designing, planning and implementing DevOps capabilities in complex, multiple application, production environments.
In this role you will leverage Red Hat and VMWare technologies, including vCloud Suite, Ansible, OpenShift, Jenkins, and third-party cloud partners as an engineer that will grow and support an Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) managed environment. This engineer will also participate in, support, and direct engineering efforts for customer technology platforms migration to the private/public cloud. They will mentor, train, and lead fellow team members and peers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and practical needs for company initiatives.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Implement automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated CI/CD pipelines
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the Openshift platform - Resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain and translate relevant details of the OpenShift platform and its constituent components to those less familiar
- Building, testing, and administering several highly available RedHat OpenShift Container Platform clusters
- Work with vendors to develop solutions, feature enhancements, and define technical infrastructure environment specific to our organization
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems.
- Monitor hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling.
- Rotational 24x7 on-call support
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Develop and automate repeatable tasks
- Consult with development users to determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of interfaces for related tool integrations
- Performance tuning of infrastructure components.
- Review project deliverables of completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action if necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating as needed
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines as appropriate
- Partner with architects to design and engineer solutions for internal customers
- Develops and maintains a positive rapport with other teams in the IT organization
- Support our Ansible Tower enterprise environment including engineering playbooks, training and developing standards and guidelines for engineers in their use of Ansible.
- Provide Tier 3 support for VMWare vRA/vRO, Ansible Tower and Red Hat Openshift environment. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide root cause analysis, involve the appropriate resources as needed. Act as lead for escalation of issues.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with certain select 3rd party products.
- Administrate and support Delta's public cloud offerings
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of relevant product experience.
- Experience working with RedHat Openshift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- Experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows 2012R2/2016 operating system
- Experience with Java, JBoss, Springboot, WAS/WXS, Node.js and enterprise application architectures
- Specific knowledge and experience with migrating and refactoring applications to containerized workloads
- Demonstrated skill in at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters - including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment
- Deep conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus or comparable substitutes
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues, and providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products.
- Experience with VMware technologies such as vCenter, vRA and vRO
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management and Venafi
- Experience with Agile teams, tools, practices & ceremonies (kanban, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies
- Monitoring Logging: SumoLogic, Dynatrace, QRadar, UIM, Spectrum
- Public cloud administration and consumer experience