2 months ago
Senior System and Software Test Engineer
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 08/14/City Annapolis
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Senior System and Software Test Engineer will be responsible for integration and acceptance testing of Train Control Applications including Positive Train Control, Centralized Traffic Control, Passenger Information and Display Systems (PIDS), and Back Office.
* Developing and maintaining test artifacts including test plans, procedures, reports, manual and automated scripts.
* Maintaining requirements traceability.
* Executing manual and automated tests.
* Identifying and documenting defects and questionable functions.
* Managing and coordinating resolution of defects through to closure and generating statistics.
* Participating in team meetings and activities.
* Participating in development and peer reviews of software documentation.
* Configuration management of test environment and lab.
* Creation and installation of test and release builds.
* Supporting production issues
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
* Testing client-server applications.
* Testing back-end applications.
* Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
* Familiarity with C/C++ and Java programming.
* Experience with SQL commands and Oracle Database.
* Experience with TCL, Python or Perl scripting languages.
Related experience in the following:
* Formal Test Cycles (planning, documentation, execution, analysis and reporting).
* System\software engineering life cycle and process.
* Software quality assurance.
* Software Systems testing.
* Data driven, functional and requirements based testing.
* Understanding of testing and automation technologies.
* Hands on manual and automated testing.
* Experience testing in virtual environments.
* Requirements traceability.
* Experience with change management processes and procedures.
* Experience in adhering to IEEE software quality assurance and test standards.
* Knowledge and experience in adhering to configuration management (CM) standards (including the use of enterprise level CM tools).
* Knowledge and experience with ISO-9001 and CMMI standards.
The candidate must demonstrate:
* The ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and quickly adapt to schedule demands.
* The ability to learn, prioritize and adapt to new technologies along with attention to details.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* The ability to work as part of a dynamic and skilled team.
* Experience with the following: testing SCADA systems and/or train control applications including Positive Train Control; hands on automated testing; requirements management tools; configuration management; user training; technical documentation production.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.