Senior Supportability Engineer
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Senior Supportability Engineer based in Stevenage.
Following a recent expansion, our Global Defence client is currently looking to expand their team in Hertfordshire. They are looking for an experienced Senior Supportability Engineer to perform engineering activities associated with influencing product design for support and for developing cost-effective support solutions for our global customers. Working in an integrated project team environment during the product's design and development phase, you will be able to further develop your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy Customers' support requirements.
As a Senior Supportability Engineer, you will be:
* Managing small work packages on behalf of the project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager.
* Progressing design for support objectives, to include development of supportability requirements and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
* Supporting the development of the optimum support solution for the product, typically within an Asset Availability Service context, while taking account of all stakeholder requirements and needs.
* Identifying the logistic support resource requirements and liaising with relevant Supporting CSS functional improvement activities at a national and international
What's in it for you?
* An excellent opportunity to further develop your Supportability Engineering capabilities within a dynamic and challenging environment, and to be involved in the development of a support solution in preparation for the delivery of an Asset Availability Service.
* A great chance to gain experience in an engineering discipline that addresses the complete system, and one that will also give you exposure to customer, business and supplier dynamics.
* Each day usually presents a new challenge: this will stretch and test you as individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction as these challenges are met.
* An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the UK MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* Working for a multinational organisation, there may be the opportunity to travel, in particular to France and Italy.
* Potential to further develop your career in several CSS areas including Supportability Engineering, ILS Management, Product Support Management, Support Engineering.
What we are looking for?
* We are seeking someone who is interested in developing their engineering capabilities to challenge today's design and support solution concepts to make it easier for our customers.
* You will be an experienced engineer with product design experience gained during
the development stage of the life cycle or, alternatively, with product support experience during the in-service phase of a product.
* We are looking for a self-motivated, team player who has a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
* You will be familiar with ILS and supportability engineering objectives, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes.
* You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
* You must be able to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
* You must have the capability to proactively network, build trusting relationships and positively influence others in order to achieve your objectives.
* We want you to have strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
* You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas
* You will need to be eligible for a SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.