3 months ago
The Coatings Engineer - Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will serve as a leader within the coatings engineering team communicating business goals, leading projects, on-boarding new suppliers and improve current suppliers driving robust root cause and corrective actions. Has the ability to identify proactive measures needed to improve quality. Has experience and expertise to solve problems affecting both short term and long term business goals. Serves as a mentor to other coatings engineers.
Additionally, as the Senior Coatings Supplier Quality Engineer, Key responsibilities will include:
* Becomes a Certifying Agent in areas of coating including, but not limited to:
* Thermal Spray
* Thermal Barrier Coatings
* Diffusion coatings
* and Corrosion Coatings
* Assures proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Reviews, provides technical feedback, and approves technical processing plans for coatings
* Develops action plans to respond to issues / problems
* Drives robust root cause and corrective action at coating suppliers including those resulting in a quality escape
* Identifies process improvements needed to drive better first time yield resulting in improved delivery
* Leads effort with Design and Materials Engineers on design for manufacturability improving producibility
* Defines approach to meet technical and program requirements
* Provides technical leadership to teams supporting assigned projects
* Conducts and Leads Coating Supplier Audits identifying gaps in quality system driving corrective actions needed to closure
* Is considered a senior and seasoned practitioner
* Develops training for the coatings engineering team
* Develops strategies to improve quality
* Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams
* Balances both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Presents product / program strategies, roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE
* Inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area
* Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties
* Regularly advises management in the function and/or in the business
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering
* Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Material Science & Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Knowledge of aerospace coatings, chemical processes, and special process quality systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong technical aptitude related to manufacturing equipment and tooling design and build
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that was recently ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top cities in the country for employment. The area offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.