8 months ago
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, under the general direction of the Metrology and Supplier Quality Manager performs supplier source inspections, first article inspections, supplier surveys, and audits assuring supplier corrective action when required. Interfaces with procurement, receiving inspection, and other personnel. Requires minimum supervision.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain the supplier rating system, which will define the total cost of ownership of products procured from suppliers.
* Implement and maintain a supplier approval system that will, in a cost effective manner, qualify suppliers to do business with the company and meet varied purchase order requirements. Possibly conduct or witness first articles internally or at the supplier. Write validation plans, when needed.
* Direct and oversee lean initiatives at supplier facilities and assists in implementing lean manufacturing processes at all key suppliers.
* Assure the means for procurement to issue purchase orders to qualified/approved suppliers and all requirements are included in the purchase orders. Manage the supplier corrective action system to identify and correct supplier problems in a timely manner.
* Act as primary interface between the company and suppliers in resolving technical problems and performing source control inspections. Coordinate with functional departments and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely manner. Aid in determining the responsibility of discrepant hardware already received into the company and issued to the shop or shipped to customers. Establish and maintain effective communications with other operating departments and suppliers to facilitate problem identification/resolution and compliance with various specification requirements for supplier control.
* Develop plans, programs and/or initiatives to ensure constant improvement to supplier quality performance and product reliability.
* Prepare and maintain reports such as supplier performance, survey results, specification compliance, corrective actions, trip reports, etc. Maintain a list of approved suppliers.
* Interface with cell managers to assure all applicable inspections/tests are preformed and to assure that only acceptable hardware is received into the company.
* Collect and analyze supplier quality and delivery data. Develop and implement cost effective intervention plans to improve quality and on-time-delivery ratings.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with customers to facilitate problem identification and resolution. Interface with the customer to report on goals and results of quality enhancement work initiatives at multiple manufacturing sites.
* Monitor suppliers for continuous improvements. Write ECR for drawing changes, if required.
* Perform special projects, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in related engineering field
* Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as mechanical or industrial engineering
* Thorough understanding of AS9100 regulations certification process
* 7-10 years or experience required
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.