3 months ago
Senior Supplier Programme Manager (Hardware & Mechanical Systems)
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
This role is part of the Lockheed Martin UK Supply Chain Organisation based at Ampthill, Bedfordshire managing the total supply chain for goods and services to meet a variety of programme and business requirements. The successful candidate will join a renowned international defence company, with a range of technically innovative products and excellent opportunities for career progression and personal and professional development.
Focussing on managing supplier delivery, it supports the development of complex hardware systems for a Ground Based Air Defence solution for an international customer. It is anticipated that this role will be required from 1st October 2018. It calls for experience and a blend of proven skills covering relationship building and sustainment, risk and schedule adherence, and negotiations coupled with an ability to understand and resolve complex engineering issues working in a team.
The right individual will have the flexibility to manage suppliers in other technology areas such as armoured vehicles and be able to support business winning initiatives.
* Managing suppliers to ensure technical, cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
* Ensuring supplier schedules and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
* Identifying acquisition and supply chain risks and dependencies, and developing the associated mitigation strategies and plans
* Identifying acquisition and supply chain opportunities, and developing the associated realisation strategies and plans
* Preparing plans for transition from contract award to delivery
* Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts
* Communicating and escalating issues as necessary
* Providing expertise, support, direction, advice, and guidance on procurement, supply chain and acquisition policy, strategies, products and contract management processes
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Armoured Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other domestic and international customers. It is seeking to expand into international markets based on its current product set whilst exploring other diverse markets such as energy.
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge and recent experience of hardware and mechanical systems development subcontracts.
* Excellent understanding of procurement and supply chain best practice as applied to low volume, complex and bespoke solutions developed to meet requirements or specifications
* Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving efficiency targets/objectives
* Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment and responding to effectively to challenges.
* Experience of working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
* An ability to manage stakeholders’ expectations effectively at a variety of levels
* An appreciation of procurement best practice as applied to goods and services which are built to print, military or commercial off the shelf.
* Understanding of system engineering principles and related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of strategic sourcing and advanced procurement techniques/tools
* Excellent commercial skills with the ability to negotiate best-value agreements
* Strong analytical skills
* Flexibility to travel as required
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Recent supply chain experience in the defence environment
* Success in delivering bid winning supply chain solutions
* Experience in the all phases of the product lifecycle from proposal, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
* Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (acquire to requirement, off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
* Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
* Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in a business/scientific/technical discipline
* Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.