7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Electronic Environmental and Engine Systems Aftermarket is seeking an Operations Team Leader who will be responsible for meeting and exceeding safety, quality, production, and delivery metrics in a repair/overhaul environment. In this role the incumbent will drive continuous improvement across key business objectives. The incumbent will also interface with internal & external customers, along with senior management. The Operations Team Lead reports through the Value Stream Manager that is responsible for Air Management Systems hardware. The position will be responsible for operational support cells such as assembly, test, and inspection.
* Direct and schedule daily activity of hourly employees by cell
* Achieve required metrics involving safety, quality, & delivery
* Develop & coordinate daily workload by repair orders according to the contracts
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement utilizing ACE tools
* Impact customer satisfaction with operational impact
* Interface with multiple functions in the business daily including quality, engineering, and contracts
* Work with internal & external customers to meet necessary demand
* Experience in operations, manufacturing, business, contracts, or any other related fields.
* Aerospace and aftermarket experience strongly desired along with lean manufacturing ability.
* Demonstrated experience in sound judgment and leading by example.
* Experience with leading a team iand change management will help with success in this role.
* Basic Excel skills
* Aerospace and aftermarket experience strongly desired along with lean manufacturing ability
* SAP, Autotime
* Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Engineering, Operations or Business)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.