4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This role requires a dynamic individual and an effective/emerging leader who is capable of working within a highly-matrixed organization, with the ability to take complex challenges and break them into actionable tasks and solutions for a team that will address all stakeholders’ needs. Responsible for leading and developing a team of Delivery Assurance Specialists day-to-day through empowerment and trust, delegation, and prioritization.
* Function as the primary delivery assurance focal for the Phoenix Operation; manage internal and external customer relationships, including the communication of high priority part-level commitments and supplier performance improvement plans
* Establish, manage, and improve key supply chain metrics and present to supply chain, SBU, and aftermarket leadership periodically
* Ensure day-to-day execution of critical part deliveries in support of MRP with aggregated daily evening updates to the enterprise and leadership
* Establish a regular cadence to engage key leadership within the Supply Chain Commodity, Regional Office, and Supplier Development management and leadership to ensure alignment of priorities and initiatives to support Global Operations
* Establish and set goals for assigned direct reports on site in Phoenix to ensure goals are met while providing ample feedback to personnel through performance reviews.
* Monitor and support team members with delivery assurance function assisting and being the escalation point for key deliveries required by manufacturing.
* Provide training to the team to enhance execution abilities
* Assist with managing of the Accenture Delivery Assurance team supporting Phoenix product and participate in events to update pre-established guidelines and updating of processes to enable stronger performance for key processes
* 3+ years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, Supply Chain disciplines, or related area with increasing responsibility.
* Proven leadership and communication skills
* Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
* Ability to document and drive to closure action plans that require support across different functions in a highly matrixed environment
* Ability to quickly learn new systems
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to research and recommend solutions to complex problems and issues
* Ability to develop and manager direct reports with limited guidance
* A track record of managing to plan and achieving customer satisfaction
* Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
* Project Management and Operations Management
* Understanding and ability to apply professional procurement practices
* SAP knowledge
* Understanding and experience with of the manufacturing process across several commodities.
* Continuous improvement experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration, Business or related field.
* Master’s degree preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.