Senior Stress Engineer – Permanent
TARCG, The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Group.
Our client is an aerospace market leader in rapid prototyping of new aerospace concepts, and modifications to existing aerospace platforms, to meet the most challenging issues facing the industry today. Utilising its aerospace reputation established over 30 years combined with its EASA/MOD approvals to: design, build, test and fly airborne systems, our client provides a comprehensive range of services for both manned aircraft and unmanned airborne vehicles (UAVs/drones).
As a Senior Stress Engineer you will be tasked with performing analysis to demonstrate the structural performance and safety of aircraft structures, equipment, systems and components in accordance with the customer requirements and airworthiness regulations specified within the scope of the contract.
· Start: ASAP
· Term: Permanent
· Location: Cranfield, UK
· Salary: Competitive
· 37hrs per week
· To conform to the company procedures, processes and standards.
· To meet the customer requirements and airworthiness regulations specified within the scope of the contract.
· To provide Structural advice, analysis, test schedules and test reports based on:
- Customer requirements.
- Certification requirements.
- Project timescales and budget.
· Working and supervising other team members as appropriate to ensure overall project delivery.
· To perform tasks as necessary to show that equipment, structures and components comply with the strength and structural requirements defined in the Technical Specification within the scope of the contract including:
- Writing structures working files, stress reports, test schedules and reports
- Advice to the design office on structural concepts, materials and fasteners.
- To become Stress Signatory, to include:
· To act as Lead Engineer on selected projects as required, taking responsibility for development of customer relationship and supporting the acquisition of follow-on business
· Prime point of contact with defined customers on designated projects
· To develop Subject Matter Expert status on specific topics (including DADTA and Aeroelastics)
· To perform tasks as necessary to provide Independent Technical Evaluation to clients.
· To provide Design or Structural consultancy services to clients.
· Support efficient running of Stress office including aiding with standard stressing methods and procedures.
· Support and mentoring of lower level stress office team members as required.
· Support efficient management and organisation of Stress office projects and taskings
· To support the provision of timely, economic, design solutions.
· Other duties to support company as and when mutually agreed with the Line Manager.
· Proficient in structural and stress analysis specifically relating to the analysis of modifications/repairs in an aerospace environment.
· Numerate and computer literate.
· Familiar with MS Word and Excel.
Prefer to be:
· Proficient in the use of analysis software, including Mathcad and Strand 7
· Good knowledge of civil and military structural airworthiness requirements.
· Security Cleared to BPSS or SC
· Clear and concise reporting.
· Team player.
· Ability to assume role in management and control of resources and capabilities within stress office.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Methodical worker with ability to self-check work
· Good customer interface and presentation skills
· Good communication skills
· Able to prioritise work and operate on multiple projects simultaneously
· Capable of working assiduously to meet deadlines
To Apply Now for the role of Senior Stress Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
Call us TODAY! oo441392241335.
Our mission is clear. We offer the most cost effective & flexible aviation recruitment in the world. We bring the right people together to drive transformation within the aviation recruitment industry. We work with our clients & partners to build the foundations that enable organisations to achieve an unfair advantage. We are shaping the future of aviation. Together.
This vacancy is being advertised by The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Group Ltd. The services advertised by The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Group Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, rotary, helicopter, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, qatar airways, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, stores, flight attendant, operations, Qatar, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director