Senior Stress Engineer
£47,000 - £50,000
Our customer is a major international aero, space, and defence technology group, ranked as one of the foremost innovators within commercial and military transportation services. We are seeking a Senior Stress Engineer to become a leading engineer within a specialist team as the company continues to expand and develop its services.
- Definition and application of efficient stress methodologies to support structural optimisation, validation of product and demonstration of compliance to customer requirements for static, fatigue and damage tolerance
- Setting up cost effective FEM representation of products for linear, non-linear and dynamic analyses, applicable post processing and interpretation of results
- Assessment and manipulation of loading inputs to establish critical load case definitions to be reviewed for structural certification in both static and fatigue conditions
- Creation and approval of clear and concise reports of work completed for both internal and external issue
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and internal resource on stress related issues and work packages
- Promoting and contributing to initiatives aimed at improving the performance of the stress team, engineering and the business
- Monitoring and reporting on stress deliverables for the programme and feedback to the Engineering Project Manager
- Definition of physical product testing for both R&T and new development work to validate methods and assumptions applied including liaison with test engineers to generate plans and analysis and interpretation of results
Candidate skills & requirements:
- Good knowledge of MSC Patran/Nastran.
- Excellent knowledge of FEM including creation and validation of DFEM, GFEM and IFEM including good knowledge of including linear and non-linear solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of hand calculation techniques using industry standard methods, such as from Niu, Bruhn and ESDU.
- Good knowledge of certification requirements of static stress / fatigue and damage tolerance for aircraft structures.
- Good knowledge of repair and concession stress solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of stress reports compilation including checking and approval experience.
- Good knowledge of stress analysis of composite structures.
- Confident communication skills including customer facing experience.
- Experience of leading and planning objectives required for a stress team.
- Experience of leading a stress team towards significant technical/design reviews.
You must possess a minimum degree or equivalent level qualification within a relevant engineering discipline with significant commercial exposure to landing gear design.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within the business. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this role and find out more, please send your CV via the link provided and we will contact you for a confidential discussion about what's on offer.