STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Staff Accountants in Atlanta, Georgia.
The position will support the Controller and team in carrying out the responsibilities of Finance department. The accountant is responsible for all areas related to general accounting. Must be able to handle tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
* Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
* Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
* Compile and analyze financial information and prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts.
* Prepare accurate monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
* Ensure the monthly financial compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assist the Controller in other financial requirements & special projects.
* Collaborates with the finance department to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Maintain tracking of rebate programs and facilitate payouts with sales department.
* Assist with internal and external audits.
* Facilitate and find ways to improve upon the monthly close process for assigned responsibilities.
* Develop, maintain individual and company goals.Manage effective internal/external relationships.
* BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
* Must have 4+ years manufacturing accounting experience.
* Experience with an ERP system preferred (SAP is a plus).
* Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
* Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* High attention to detail.
* Self-motivated with good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.