3 months ago
Senior Specialist, Process Engineering Systems - 1081099
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Senior Specialist, Process Engineering Systems
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Monitor the production application environments taking such action as may be necessary to ensure maximum availability and correct operational issues of the Process, Safety, and Environmental suite of engineering applications
Develop, maintain, and share application systems architecture and technical documentation
Participate in the support of custom applications used to supplement the standard applications
Management of virtual machines required for supporting and troubleshooting engineering applications
Participate in the initiatives undertaken by the global Engineering Systems team
Delivery and support of engineering applications to engineering customers
Engineering Systems SharePoint sites administration and maintenance
Develop knowledge and expertise in unfamiliar topics relevant to the needs of the Process Engineering Systems team
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
* Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience, with average experience of 8 to 15 years
* Ability to work independently and keep team management adequately informed
* Experience developing PFDs, heat and material balances, process data sheets, process equipment sizing calculations using industry-standard application
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys, and ProMax, as well as process analytical software such as PIMS, PipeSim, Pipenet, Flarenet, Flaresim, and other industry-standard engineering software
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Comos FEED or Aspen Basic Engineering
* Working knowledge of data processing including technical knowledge of IT hardware, software, networks, and SQL or Oracle Server database technology
* Working knowledge of current scripting languages such as VB Script, .NET, C#, C++
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA
* Must be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and provide superior customer service.
* Experience with Comos FEED program administration and maintenance
* Knowledge of 3rd party software license management tools such as FlexLM, HASPLM, SentinelLM, and software license deployment methodology
* Knowledge of SharePoint development and maintenance
* A good understanding of software packaging and deployment tools and methodologies
* Familiarity with process design and process plant operations
* Certification as a Professional Engineer
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Engineering Systems