6 months ago
The Manager, Contracts Supervisor has the responsibility to manage a team of Contracts Managers, as well as managing some assigned contracts, and offer contracting solutions to meet the assigned goals of the department and business.
In the role of Manager, Contracts Supervisor, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope in certain areas, and will rely heavily on your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, with the ability to affect and effect short and long-term business goals.
Additionally, as the Manager, Contracts Supervisor, Key responsibilities will include:
* Lead an organization of various levels of contract personnel in addition to having an individual contributor role in Contract Management
* Perform as principle contracts focal point for high visibility or critical programs
* Conduct performance reviews and do performance development for your direct reports
* Effectively interface with all functions of the business including:
* Program Management
* and Legal
* Provide advice and counsel to other functional areas on contracting topics, issues, and risk mitigation strategies
* Remain steadfast in supporting compliance programs without compromise
* Guide team through assessing solicitations identifying business and compliance risks
* Support proposal development through creating winning strategies
* Provide negotiation strategies and guidance to team members as they prepare for discussions with DoD, higher-tier contractors international militaries, other government agencies, in-country defense contractors, and US higher tier contractors / air-framers
* Must have the confidence and the ability to work on your own, utilizing your skills to execute business objectives, supporting both internal project offices and customers
* Responsibilities cover the entire contracting life-cycle, from receipt of solicitation through contract close-out
* Ability to travel periodically within the continental US
* Mentor and coach other contracts staff members, and internal clients on contracting topics, risky terms, etc.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in government or international contract formation and execution
* Extensive knowledge of contract formation and regulations
* Anticipates, identifies, and resolves complex contractual issues
* Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build solid relationships with others in the pricing team, cost contributors, and management
* High-energy team player
* Ability to manage projects / assignments within tight deadlines
* Solid domain expertise with commercial terms and conditions, Federal Acquisition Regulations, with emphasis in Parts 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items and 15 Contracting by Negotiation, and DoD FAR Supplement
* Solid proficiency in managing various contract types (including complex development) in both the Firm Fixed Price Contracts and the Cost Reimbursement Groups, as described in the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the DoD FAR Supplement
* Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, and Word
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently and cohesively with teams
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Solid interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that was recently ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top cities in the country for employment. The area offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.