5 months ago
Senior Software / Systems Architect
Req #: 214174
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: NACI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Come join our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), enabling more efficient and effective support to our Nations veterans. VA's Enterprise Architecture (EA) is a critical component of on-going VA transformation efforts because it supplies the architectural support, resources, methodology, and strategic planning necessary to align VA initiatives into a cohesive roadmap to meet VA's short and long term strategic goals. CACI has actively supported VA mission objectives since 1999. If you have the required skills, and are passionate about improving systems and processes, then join CACI as a Senior Software/System Architect.
This position involves work with different aspects of the Veterans Affairs Enterprise Architecture (VA EA), including tasks such as:
* Supervise the development of Systems Interface Descriptions (SV-1s) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) in support of the Enterprise Health Records Management (EHRM) effort
* Identifying and addressing requirements for system architectures
* Creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project
* Providing input to VA EA key documentation such as the Architecture Design Methodology (ADM) and Vision and Strategy document
* Working with VA EA tools include Unicom System Architect (SA), InQuisient (Enterprise Elements), Oracle Application Express (APEX), Rational CALM, Informatica ProCenter, WordPress, and SharePoint
* Dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding, and technical levels.
* Experience with Unicom Systems Architect (SA) or similar EA modeling tools
* Extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture.
* Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
* Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
* Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
* Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
* Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he/she manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
* Extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
* Experience with Federal Government customers specifically with Veterans Affairs (VA).
* Experience with Health Records Management (HRM) or related health care systems development, implementation, and management.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.