9 months ago
We are seeking a Senior Software Simulations Engineer to work in their Seal Beach, CA location.
Primary responsibilities will address all phases of the software development cycle including:
* Requirements and interface definition
* Design, development, and integration of embedded software simulations for space-based applications
* Configuration management and release
* Product maintenance
This position will also require the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers during development and after product release. The candidate will also be expected to manage several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience): This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)/Special Programs Access (SPA) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* 5+ years’ experience designing/developing real-time continuous model simulations using the S/SI environment
* 10+ years’ experience developing software using C/C++
* Experience with software debugging tools such as gdb and configuration management tools such as CVS and clearcase
* Experience with developing software in a RTOS environment using VxWorks, familiar with WindRiver’s IDE Workbench and debugging facilities such as System Viewer
* Experience with developing software in a GPOS environment using Linux/Solaris.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience with writing software using various device interfaces such as MIL-STD-1553, RS-422, TCP/IP as well as bus architectures such as VME and PCIe.
* Experience with scripting tools such as TCL/Tk, Perl and standard Unix/Linux shell programming.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award