4 months ago
Requisition ID: 15574
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer – Simulation & Training to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS). As part of the Avionics & Mission Systems Group, this engineer will be a part of the team that produces the highest quality simulation and training systems in the world.
* Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements.
* Develop detailed software designs and specifications.
* Accurately estimate software development efforts.
* Develop, implement, test, and debug real-time software applications and associated user interfaces.
* Integrate software with hardware
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
* Collaborate with software engineers, testers, hardware engineers, and project management
* Interact with customers and vendors as necessary
* Develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using applicable enterprise estimation tools.
* Proactively identify and communicate technical software issues, and elevate these to leadership as necessary.
Our training devices may be delivered anywhere in the United States or the world so some travel is required.
Software development areas include:
* Simulation framework (schedulers, computer hardware interfaces)
* Input / Output (I/O) (e.g. serial, Ethernet, MIL-1553, ARINC-429, analog/digital)
* Network architecture
* Aircraft system simulation
* Environment simulation (e.g. radio facilities, atmosphere, radio traffic, external entities)
* Graphical user interfaces
* A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM degree.
* 5+ years of experience with Object-Oriented Programming (C or C++)
* Experience with all phases of the SDLC
* U.S. citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
* Ability to Travel to Customer Site for debugging of issues (10% of the total project effort)
* Visual Studio
* Real-time programming
* Object-Based or Objected Oriented Design
* DOORS or Jama for requirements management
* Subversion source control
* Familiarity with embedded systems and programming
* Previous Aircraft Simulation Software Development
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.