2 months ago
Requisition ID: 12593
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Air Combat Training to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie “Top Gun”, you will love the Rockwell Collins Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department, and the opportunities we have for you to develop our military's future Air Combat Training (ACT) system with us.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun), maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
Our T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer. The candidate will be a contributing member in the full software development life cycle on a software development team with the responsibility of developing Enterprise software from design through software unit test.
Must Have Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Enterprise software development experience utilizing Java
• Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to our positive work environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excels in a professional and collaborative team environment
• Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
• OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
• Multi-threaded / scalable applications experience
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
• Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.