7 months ago
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have built an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. Our engineers work in autonomous squads where they can create their own backlog, ship code whenever they want and don’t have dependencies in order to deliver to the traveller. Our engine uses global scale services, big data and machine learning to assemble, normalise and make sense of real time information from our thousands of partners. Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach over 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Our engineering principles are:
* We have a clear definition of success for every piece of work.
* We ship multiple times a day and deliver customer value week in, week out.
* We use design reviews to validate every significant change.
* We deliver our products using our defined technology standards.
* We peer review every change.
* Our Definitions of Done include being live in production… responsibly.
* You build it, you run it.
Most importantly, these are organic beliefs. We iterate. We learn. We grow. And our principles adapt with us
If you enjoy a range of technical challenges across areas including page speed, microsites, SEO then this could be the place where you can utilize your experience to have a direct impact on the growth and development of our product.
What you can expect as a senior software engineer
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and offer up solutions, as well as challenging them
* Collaboration across product engineering, from initial ideas to solutions going live
* Being responsible for multiple key product feature components within your area
* You’ll define and implement the services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
* An opportunity to influence your fellow engineers, and be generous with your time and experience
* Learning from the similarly great minds around you
What we’re looking for
* Previous job experience as a software engineer ideally within a highly scalable environment.
* Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment.
* Use of methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
* Comfortable balancing trade offs between technical, analytical and product needs.
* Strong customer focus and a focus on impactful work.
* You make others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
* You will work with or lead within your team to break down solutions into small tasks to be completed autonomously.
* You’re excited by modern frontend technologies and frameworks, such as: ES6, Sass/Less, Webpack, npm, React, Vue and HTML, CSS
What else can we offer you……
We also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones.
Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hackdays per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally, and you have the option to take part in Skyscanner extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.
For more details on Engineering at Skyscanner you can check our Engineering Blog and follow Skyscanner Engineering on Twitter